The Fisher Shield is a year long inter-college sporting competition in Townsville for JCU residential college students. This competition has been running for over 50 years and is JCU’s most prestigious sporting competition. It comprises of 10 sports; and is the ultimate case for bragging rights on campus!
The Fisher Shield competition comes to an exciting finish at JCU Sports Awards (29th October 2021), where the winners of the men’s and women’s competitions are announced, as well as the crowning of Fisher Shield Champions for the year.
Fisher Shield has five exciting competitions planned for Semester 2 - 2020. Watch this space for future updates. See your college sports representatives or feel free to email us at [email protected] for any inquiries.
AFL 9's - Saturdays and Sundays 10th - 18th April* (*Dates to be confirmed).
Please keep in mind the strict COVID safe measures that have been put in place to keep you and your college team mates safe!
- COVIDSafe App: We recommend the use of the Australian Gov COVIDSafe App.
- Sick? Do not play!: If you have any symptoms of illness including, but not limited to, running nose, coughing, Flu symptoms or nausea please do not come and play.
- Get in play and get out: Please ensure you arrive just in time to quickly check in for your match. Please don’t arrive early and congregate around the fields. Match times are available on the JCUSA Sport Townsville Facebook page so you should be well-aware of when to arrive.
- Check in and keep your distance: Do not crowd the check in desk; form a socially spaced line and follow any signed instructions on the ground or verbally set out by staff. Playing teams only on the field and immediate side line. Once you have checked in please keep your distance from others until it’s time to play.
- Wash thoroughly and sanitise before and after play: Please shower and wash yourself thoroughly before, and immediately after play. Ensure you utilise the hand sanitizer available at the desk and apply liberally as often as practicable.
- Please take note of the signage: The signage is there to both; remind you of the COVID safe measures in play and also, tell you the Entry and Exit gates.
- Work with staff to be active participants in the new prevention measures: It is important that participants help to ensure the COVID safe plan and its directives are met. Ensure the ball is returned to staff to clean and sanitise it after/before play. Look to socially distance when not playing and stay aware of your surroundings and the people in your area.