JCUSA Fitness Update as of 24/03/2020:
To our very patient and ever-supportive JCUSA Fitness family,
We just wanted to thank you all for your patience in this very fast-changing and sometimes unsettling time. We have now closed our doors for the time being and have put in place some measures to make sure our students and members are taken care of as best we can.
If you hold a Membership at the JCUSA Fitness Centre the following will apply:
- All direct debits through Paysmart have been paused, no further payments will be deducted from your account until such time as we resume business.
- Fitness Passport has suspended all memberships and has stopped charging direct debits effective immediately until restrictions are lifted.
- All JCU staff on Payroll deductions through JCU’s HR department have been requested to stop immediately until we are able to resume.
- All other fixed term memberships (12, 6, 3 month etc.) have been suspended. The time that we are closed (hopefully not too long) will be credited to the end of your existing membership term, and when we re-open your membership will resume.
- Unfortunately we do not know when we will be able to open again, but any member who will not be able to redeem their suspended membership when we resume, (e.g. Moving from Townsville), you may apply to request a partial refund for an unused portion of your membership.
To apply, complete an Application For Refund form. This form is available to download below. Please electronically fill the form, provide a reason a refund is needed and email this form to [email protected].
We are so saddened to have to close our doors for now, but it is in the best interest of our members and staff and will stay closed until it is safe for everyone to return to doing what they love.
We do ask for your patience and continued loyalty at this time. We are a not-for profit organization that is run by students, for students and our mission is to provide essential services like access to fitness for our JCU community and put our students’ welfare over anything else. We would love to have the opportunity to continue providing our students, staff and other members with our services for a long time to come.
We will provide updates and info via our Facebook page and website as soon as any new info comes to light. We are also working furiously to find ways to help keep you active and motivated from home, so keep your eyes peeled on our Facebook page for workouts!
If you have any questions or concerns, please email [email protected] and we will endeavor to do our best to get back to you as soon as humanly possible in this hectic time.
Please stay safe, look after yourself and your loved ones and we’ll be back up and running before you know it!