Position Title: Sport & Gym Casual Staff
Campus Location: Cairns & Townsville
Employment Status: Casual
The role of a casual JCUSA Sport & Gym Casual Staff is to provide assistance with the administration and operational tasks required for the successful delivery of activities and services provided by the JCUSA gyms and Sport and Recreation (S&R) Department, as well as ensuring the safety of all participants at all times.
Roles and Responsibilities
Assist with gym operations and JCU student-based sporting programs (including night time and weekend events):
- Customer service and sales.
- Collection and processing player/member payments and memberships.
- Provide information of services to students and staff.
- Database entry.
- Assist with operational tasks at the gym and S&R activities including the running of sport games/matches.
- Cleaning of equipment, gym floor and surrounding areas.
- Equipment checks and performing basic maintenance tasks as required.
- Set up and pack down of events (including opening and closing of the gym).
- Ensure successful delivery of sporting events.
- Ensure adherence to Work Health and Safety requirements.
- Report any injuries/incidents according to JCUSA policies and procedures.
- Administration and reception support provided to the S&R and gym staff as directed.
Assisting with other JCUSA events such as Orientation week.
Demonstrate a commitment to the James Cook University Student Association’s values.
It is a requirement of this position to possess:
- a Queensland Government Blue Card for working with children and young people in Queensland; and
- a First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate;
Selection and appointments will be assessed against selection criteria.
- Sound organisational and time management skills, including the ability to plan, implement and deliver sports programs/events.
- Experience, skills and knowledge in customer service and sales.
- Skills and knowledge of common sports and equipment requirements.
- Effective interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills that can be adapted for various audiences.
- The ability to be able to work autonomously when completing jobs as well as completing tasks to a high standard.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining a safe work environment and ensuring all Workplace Health and Safety requirements are followed.
- To be physically fit for manual handling tasks required in role.
- Experience in Fitness industry or similar role and Certificate 3 and/or 4 in Fitness or similar qualification.
- A Sports Medicine Australia, Sports Trainer Qualification.
- Current C Class Driver’s Licence.
How to apply
Applicants must provide a one page cover letter that details how you have the skills and qualifications addressing the selection criteria outlined above and a copy of your resume/CV.
These must be emailed to [email protected] with 'Position Application: Sport & Gym Casual Staff' in the subject outline along with which campus you are applying for (e.g. Position Application: Sport & Gym Casual Staff - Cairns OR Position Application: Sport & Gym Casual Staff - Townsville).
Non JCU Students are encouraged to apply.
Applications close at 4pm on Tuesday January 30.
Late applications will not be considered.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected] or call on 07 4781 4502.