Part-time Fitness Assistant (Customer Service)
Fitness Centre Award, Level 2
Permanent Part-Time position of 22 hours a week with the following roster:
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays: 5.00pm - 9.00pm, Fridays 4pm -9pm and Saturdays 1pm - 6pm.
The role of the “JCUSA Fitness Centre assistant” is to provide assistance with the administration and operational tasks required for the successful delivery of activities and services provided by the JCUSA fitness centre as well as ensuring the safety of all participants of the JCUSA Fitness Centre at all times.
This will include cleaning in accordance with the Fitness Award, due to the COVID-19 pandemic and possibly media and marketing tasks.
- Assist with operational tasks required during the opening hours of the Fitness Centre:
- Cleaning of equipment, gym floor and surrounding areas.
- Equipment checks and performing basic maintenance tasks as required.
- Ensure adherence to Work Health and Safety requirements; and
- Report on any injuries/incidents according to JCUSA policies and procedures
- Administration and Reception support:
- For the Sport and Recreation Manager and Fitness Centre Manager, as directed;
- Provide information of services to current and potential members;
- Help to control JCUSA Fitness Centre assets including merchandise and equipment;
- Customer service and sales;
- Collection and processing client payments and memberships;
- Database entry and management;
- Carrying out member retention strategies;
- Recording and managing bookings for JCUSA Fitness facilities and programs; and
- Social media and advertising related tasks as required.
Note: This position cannot be under taken as “work from home" in the event of any COVID or other related shutdown.
Selection and appointments will be assessed against selection criteria:
- Sound organisational and time management skills.
- Experience, skills and knowledge in customer service and retail sales.
- Effective interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills that can be adapted for various audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining a safe work environment and to all ensure all Workplace Health and Safety requirements are followed.
- To be physically fit for manual handling tasks required in role.
- Holder of a current Blue Card (Working with Children Check).
- Current first aid qualifications, including CPR, or the ability to obtain prior to commencement of the position.
- Experience in Fitness industry or similar role and Certificate 3 and/or 4 in Fitness or similar qualification.
- Knowledge and skills in marketing in order to increase membership numbers.
- Experience in delivering social media and marketing campaigns
Please email a resume and the addressed selection criteria (google STAR Selection Criteria for some guidance) that is listed above to [email protected] with Part-time Fitness Assistant (Customer Service) Position - Application in the subject line.
You must have the right to work in Australia.
Applications close 5pm, 18th August 2021.
Interviews proposed for Friday 20th August 2021 and the start date will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Note - if you are interviewed you will need to bring a copy of your current First Aid qualifications, including CPR and a current Blue Card.