Welcome back to Semester 1 2021 Social Sports
HOW TO REGISTER
Here's what we have on offer!
JCU Sport offers "Social Sport" every semester, over a 10 week period (weather permitting).The season begins in week three of each semester - 8th March 2021.All sports offered are mixed (co-ed). Social Sport is totally inclusive and open to everyone including the general public.
There are four sports on offer each semester – touch football, 6-a-side soccer, netball, beach volleyball (6-a-side). We also offer a competition where you can play each sport throughout the semester called Rounders. In this competition, you will play a different sport each week which means at some point in the competition you will play touch, soccer, netball and beach volleyball.
- Student Association (SA+ CARD) members $55.00.
- Non Student Association members $75.00.
Help us by being COVID safe at our Social Sport events.
- COVIDSafe App: We recommend the use of the Australian Gov COVIDSafe App.
- Sick? Do not play!:If you have any symptoms of illness including, but not limited to, running nose, coughing, Flu symptoms or nausea please do not come and play.
- “Get in, play and get out”: Please ensure you arrive just in time to quickly check in for your game. Please do not arrive too early and congregate around the courts or check in desks. Game times are available on the “JCUSA Sport Townsville” Facebook page so you should be well-aware of when to arrive safely.
- Check in and keep your distance: Do not crowd the check in desk; form a socially spaced line and follow any signed instructions on the ground or verbally set out by staff. Players only are to be at the event. Once you have checked in please keep your distance from others until it’s time to play.
- Wash thoroughly and sanitise before and after play: Please shower and wash yourself thoroughly before, and immediately after your play. Ensure you utilise the hand sanitizer available at the desk and apply liberally as often as practicable.
- BYO Water bottle: Hydration is important and you will need to bring your own water bottle with you, No Sharing.
- Playing bibs/Uniforms: At the end of your game place, your bibs or shared uniforms into the box labelled "dirty clothing".
- Please take note of the signage: The signage is there to both; remind you of the COVID safe measures in play and also, tell you the Entry and Exit gates that must be used.
- Work with staff to be active participants in the new prevention measures: It is important that participants help to ensure the COVID safe plan and its directives are met. Look to social distance when not participating and stay aware of your surroundings and the people in your area.