Welcome back to Semester 2 2021 Social Sports
Semester 2 Social Sport Registration starts the week before O-week, Monday 12th July 2021.
Here's what we have on offer in Semester 2 2021
JCU Sport offers "Social Sport" every semester, over a 10 week period (weather permitting). The season begins in week three of each semester - 9th August 2021. All sports offered are mixed (co-ed). Social Sport is totally inclusive and open to everyone including staff and the general public of the Townsville region.
There are SIX sports on offer each semester – touch football, 6-a-side soccer, netball, beach volleyball (6-a-side), Basketball and the new Tag Gridiron (Flag Football) competition. We also offer a competition where you can play a different sport each week throughout the semester called Rounders.
PRICES (10 week registration)
- Student Association (SA+ CARD) members $55.00.
- Non Student Association members $75.00.
- General Public $75.00
Help us by being COVID safe at our Social Sport events COVID
Safe App: We recommend the use of the Australian Gov COVIDSafe App.
- Sick? Do not play!:If you have any symptoms of illness including, but not limited to, running nose, coughing, Flu symptoms or nausea please do not come and play.
- Check in and keep your distance: Check-in with the QLD government check in app! Do not crowd the sign in desk. Please form a socially-spaced line and follow any signed instructions or anything verbally set out by staff. Once you have checked in please keep your distance from others until it’s time to play.
- Wash thoroughly and sanitise before and after play: Please shower and wash yourself thoroughly before, and immediately after your play. Ensure you use the hand sanitizer available at the desk and apply liberally as often as practicable.
- BYO Water bottle: Hydration is important and you will need to bring your own water bottle with you, No Sharing.
- Playing bibs/Uniforms: At the end of your game place, your bibs or shared uniforms into the box labelled "dirty clothing".
- Please take note of the signage: The signage is there to both; remind you of the COVID safe measures in play and also, tell you the Entry and Exit gates that must be used.
- Work with staff to be active participants in the new prevention measures: It is important that participants help to ensure the COVID safe plan and its directives are met. Look to social distance when not participating and stay aware of your surroundings and the people in your area.