This semester Market Day will be held on Wednesday, 17th February 2021, from 12pm – 3pm and it will operate under strict COVID-19 requirements in order to comply with the Industry Framework for COVID Safe Events in Queensland, updated November 2020.
Before you apply please be aware of the below new requirements:
- The total number of persons at the event including staff, stall holders and students will be 1500;
- There will be no trailers or display vehicles on the Library Lawn;
- There will only be access to water via a tank or bubbler and you are required to bring your own water bottle in order to support JCUs sustainability practices of no single use plastic;
- You are to bring your own disinfectant/alcohol based wipes to clean the supplied table and chairs prior to use;
- You must provide alcohol-based hand sanitiser (minimum 60% ethanol) at your stall;
- You are to undertake regular cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces and items handled by multiple people;
- You are to provide enough pens for single use;
- You are to stay at your stall to avoid interactions with other stall holders (as per the Industry Framework for COVID Safe Events in Queensland);
- The sale of items must be approved by the Market Day Coordinator and you must provide and display a sign that states “Do not touch sale items unless purchasing”;
- Only commercially packaged food can be provided and this must be approved by the Market Day Coordinator as part of the Market Day application process;
- No food (including lollies), drink or ice confection can be sold or given away without approval by the Market Day Coordinator. Non-compliance will see your stall being closed and you will have to leave the premises;
- There are to be no containers which people put their hands into, e.g. a bowl of lollies;
- There will be a one-way flow of pedestrian traffic in the stall area;
- You must complete COVID-19 Infection Control Training selected by JCUSA and provide a copy of completion with your application. No other training will be accepted;
- You must supply the number of persons who will be operating from your marquee. If you are going to supply your own 3m x 3m marquee then you can have a total of 4 people. If you are sharing a marquee provided by us, then only 2 people from one entity can attend. We strongly encourage stall holders to supply their own marquee this year and sandbags or weights (not pegs). You will need to advise the Market Day Coordinator if an advised person can no longer attend, as the replacement person must have completed the COVID training;
- There will be no assistance provided in regards to staff or equipment to transport your items from the car park to the event location;
- The number of stalls/spaces is limited in order to contain and manage the event effectively with the resources available;
- Everyone must scan in via a QR code at the entry point and wear a supplied COVID checked wrist band whilst the event is on;
- Follow directions of the COVID-19 Safety Marshalls;
- Cashless transactions are encouraged;
- You are welcome to supply and wear your own face mask;
- You are to use hand sanitiser upon entry and abide by the Conditions of Entry to Market Day;
- If you become unwell at the event, you are to advise a COVID-19 Safety Marshall then leave the venue immediately, unless immediate first aid is required;
- All accidents, injuries or near misses are to be reported to a COVID Safe Marshall; and
- You are not to attend if you have:
- been overseas in the last 14 days;
- had known contact with someone who has COVID-19 in the last 14 days;
- been in a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days and required to quarantine (and the COVID-19 hotspot is still a COVID-19 hotspot at the time you entered Queensland);
- COVID-19 or have had COVID-19 in the last 14 days; and/or.
- had COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of smell or taste, runny nose, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting or fatigue) in the last 14 days and cannot provide a negative test result.
COVID Infection Control Training
All stall holders present at the event are required to complete COVID-19 Infection Control Training from the below website and upload evidence of completion when applying to attend Market Day: https://www.health.gov.au/resources/apps-and-tools/covid-19-infection-control-training
What you need to apply
Before you start this application please have the following ready (without this you will not be able to finalise your application):
Copy of your Public Liability with a minimum of 10 million (n/a to JCUSA affiliated clubs & societies);
A copy of your registration with ACNC (if applying for a Not for Profit Stall);
A copy of your Food License (if selling or providing food / beverages);
Completed training records of the 2 persons (if you are sharing a marquee provided by us) or the 4 persons (if you are supplying your own 3m x3m marquee) that will be in attendance.
Bookings close 5pm Friday 5th February 2021. Late applications will not be accepted as equipment would have been arranged and human resources redirected to other tasks for the event.